Monday, July 12, 2010

Going Home

Hey readers of my amazing blog about my amazing life,

This post is mainly to let those people who are questioning whether or not to go on exchange because they are scared of having their lives completely change. Yes some things will change but your trip away will also show you who your real friends are and also make you appreciate having them.

I just recently came back form the states, and let me just say that my trip home was much different then i expected. My anticipation of going home was that everyone would have changed into completely different people and i would be way out of the loop, and i was completely wrong. Almost everything was the same, which in one sense seems kinda boring to be going home to, but in reality it was great and I felt like I never left. I did the exact same things as before i left and enjoyed every minute of it.

Once i had been there for a while i really thought about what i want in life and how much time we really have. I realized that for the next two years i will be studying in australia, but then i have so many more years to enjoy other places. I also realized that home in the states will most likely always be there for me to go back to.

So to finish up, if you are scared of leaving one life to step into another, more often then not, the old life will still be there if the now part of your life isn't what you expected. So i will once again finish with my cheesy line, there is a whole world to be seen and all it takes is the first steps to open your eyes to the rest of your life.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Billy welcome back.
    I totally agree it's amazing to go home after being away for a while.. especially when it's not long enough for that sneaky reverse culture shock to set in..
    Glad you had a blast back in Alaska!

    ReplyDelete