Monday, September 6, 2010

Another Week Gone By


So I live with a cockatoo and every time it rains he does the weirdest thing. When it starts to rain he gets all excited and runs outside into the biggest puddle he can find and takes a bath. He then spreads his wings out and does a little dance. I posted a movie and some pics up with this post if you want to have a look.

On this past Friday I had my first big assessment due and I only just got it in on time. I forget how long it can take to do up all you referencing, and pretty up your assignment the way the lecturer wants it. So don’t make the same mistake I did and leave that part to the last minute.

Last week I also got tickets to go back to Alaska again. I’ll be there for two months of the winter and I can’t wait. I think one of the main things I miss about home is the snow. I guess it compares to the beach for someone who has lived in a place like Australia his or her whole lives. I can’t wait to go snowboarding, snow machining, building snowmen, and go hunting.

I think I miss hunting the most. I know most people here call it killing, and make it seem like that’s all hunters are, but in Alaska there is a real purpose to it. In the town I am from there are only about 500 people and most live off subsistence hunting. To get any imported meat cost way too much so people go out and get their own. So there’s a little background on what I plan to do over my summer holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment